Kindred Spirits Sanctuary Event Release of Liability Agreement
This Release of Liability Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by the “Visitor” and Kindred Spirits Sanctuary, Inc. This Agreement is in favor of Kindred Spirits Sanctuary, Inc, and its directors, officers, employees, founders, agents and representatives ( collectively called “Kindred Spirits”) and is entered into as consideration for Kindred Spirits permitting Visitor to visit kindred Spirits’ facilities and interact with Kindred Spirits’ animals.
1. Tour/Event. Visitor desires to take a tour of Kindred Spirits’ facilities and interact with its farm animals. Visitor understands Kindred Spirits operates a working farm that is a sanctuary for animals including cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, horses and donkeys. By attending a tour or event at Kindred Spirits, Visitor may be exposed to animals that kick, bite, crush, head butt or could have zoonotic diseases. Visitor may be exposed to campfires, farm vehicles, ongoing construction, debris, power tools, downed or live electrical wires,property that had been damaged or is in need of repair, slippery to wet surfaces, mud, standing water, falling tree limbs, uneven ground or holes or crevices in grounds or roads.
2. Waiver and Release. Visitor agrees to never bring a claim or suit against and releases and forever discharges Kindred Spirits and its successors and assigns from all liability arising from any injury Visitor sustains as a result of Visitors attendance of a tour or event at Kindred Spirits. Visitor understands this Agreement releases and forever discharges Kindred Spirits from any liability, including as a result of Kindred Spirits own negligence and liability, to Visitor with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, disability, scarring, amputation,death or property damage or any other loss that may result.
3. Assumption of Risk. Visitor understands that participating in Kindred Spirits tour or event or being present on Kindred Spirits property may include activities that could be hazardous and result in injury, illness, disease, damage or loss to Visitor. Visitor understands that activities at Kindred Spirits may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. Visitor expressly assumes the risk of injury or harm in the conditions and activities described in this Agreement.
4. Term. Visitor understand that this agreement is perpetual.
5. Photo and Video release and copyright assignment. Visitor gives Kindred Spirits photo, video and sound recording permission to make and use photos, videos and sound of Visitor while participating in tours and events at Kindred Spirits. Visitor releases all rights in such photos, videos and sound recordings and agrees Kindred Spirits may use such photos, videos and recordings to further the mission of Kindred Spirits, promote its activities and goals, for fundraising and otherwise as Kindred Spirits deems appropriate in its sole discretion and without any compensation to the Visitor.
6. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws where the tour in held. Visitor agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
7. Acknowledgement of Understanding and Intent. Visitor represents that he/she has read this agreement and fully understands it is a release agreement. Visitor further represent that he/she is of legal age and legally competent to execute this Agreement and that Visitor does so of his/her own free will. Visitor has not relied on any representation of any kind or character not contained in this Agreement. Visitor expressly agrees this Agreement is intended to be broad and inclusive as permitted by law.